Monday, February 4, 2008

Weather?

I am quite certain I have used this title in a previous title, but nonetheless. Saturday we get wupped with 30 odd cm of the fluffy white stuff. Today, Monday, I get out of class at noon to find sunshine a 5 degree temperatures here in February. What gives? Not that I'm complaining. I obviously rushed home and was on the road for a solid 4 glorious hours by the time the sun was down. One of those days you live for on the bike. No battery left in the iPod but time flew by. Sun in my face, low winds, some fresh fruit to munch on and quiet/dry roads. And its only February. Did I mention my legs felt great? Made for a solid day, and its still not done. Got up feeling pretty solid (other than having to attend an 8am class instead of lounging around) with the knowledge that I was spending my last week in the great white north for nearly a month. Got a haircut, and groceries on my break between classes, and got let out of drafting an hour early. The ride: 4 hours on the fixie (though on second thought the roads were fully dry and clean enough for the Stevens) through the hills with 2 extra repeats on the killer 20%+ gradients of the Westport berg. Got home literally at the end of the day as the sun set behind me. Some very peaceful moments until I hit that last few kms of "heavier" traffic coming into town. Nice hot shower, some stretching as my tea cools. A quick blog entry and then time for dinner. Some spicy thai chicken, with fresh broccoli and mashed chick peas. Not to mention a glance at the weather for tomorrow revealed an expected high of 11 degrees. I nearly cried. Though, apparently the gods wish of me to attend class tomorrow so have now changed it to a high of 4 and most likely some rain. Though let it be said, if I wake up tomorrow to sunshine and 11 I will have to be dragged to class. No offense to shop class, but 11 degree days in Canada in February are not to be taken lightly nor wasted. I understand some of you may disagree with my logic (mainly those with jobs that do not allow them to take advantage of said weather, and those with names that start with "m" and end with "om"... I'm not naming anyone specific.) but I'm sticking to my guns in this case. Y'all better hope for rain. Actually maybe snow might be a safer bet. For all those unable to enjoy this time of year, "do not hate thine player. hate thee the folies of the game." (Quote to either the bard or Snoop. I get them confused sometimes.)
La biciclette nearly prepped for SC. Mildly sponsor friendly,
shiny white. Just waiting on the new chain rings.... details, a venir.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dig that ass cushion - v. pro!