Friday, January 25, 2008

the weekend. she comes.

Comes with promises of warming weather, possible sunshine and exactly 2 weeks (from Saturday) until I bust out for the South. Needless to say, I'm feeling great. Pretty massive week this week riding wise... especially considering all my hours have been on the trainer. Another 3 coming up in a few minutes (after this coffee). Then the trek back into Ottawa, cheffing up what should be a wicked huge Thai feast tonight with my mom. Been pretty quiet around here otherwise. I really need to remember to pick up some more chamois cream this weekend. Gotta keep the grundle content with so many hours in the saddle. Sunday appears to be looking pretty decent weather wise, I'm feeling another venture outside perhaps. Anyone around Ottawa interested in a solid 4-5 hour jaunt? On a separate note, baked pork chops with a maple syrup glaze are delicious. Baked in a casserole dish with sweet potatoes and carrots with a drizzled maple syrup glaze. Wow. Had no idea if it would work, but got given some pork chops. Time to ride. Enjoy the weekend.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sunday - from Wakefield through to the Low dam and back again. About 3-4 hours of riding.
Leaving Ottawa at around 1130. In the saddle by 1230 - to 1630 or so...
big climbs, fast decents...
was out today - the dirt roads are fast fast fast...
recommend some fatties though 700x32s or so

email if interested:
gatevent@gmail.com

sandyf said...

Who is this if you don't mind my asking? That could be a good ride. All I've got are my usual 23c tyres. haha.

Unknown said...

email if interested...

you'll die on 700x23s :)

Let me know, if you need a lift we could pop off at MEC before and rig you up with some CX 700x32s (if your ride will accommodate them)

Fantastic ride today. Fast!