Thursday, January 17, 2008

Almost time

The time to head south approaches. Less than a month of this cold riding and trainer stuff. I'm pumped. Up early again (as I attempt on a usual basis) for another outdoor ride before my 2 o'clock class. Four hours and change out in the cold. Layered well, stuffed my bottles in various pockets and stuffed little baggies of food under my jacket to snack on. Pockets and elastic waists are new key elements I look for in jackets. Stuff a bottle or two in a back pocket for access and not freezing the bottle, and use the elastic waist to stuff food up my jacket on the front. Keeps my sandwiches from freezing and makes for easy access. Used my Euro-as-hell new white Addidas beanie (good job Jenny). Nothing like a few hundred miles on the fixie to get your legs rolling for the season. On the Carolina's front, I am booked in for a solid 3 weeks. February 9 to March 1. Wicked. Had a pow wow with the teacher folk and discussed with the understanding parental unit... good to go. Just trying to find a few others for the drive. Definitely seem to have a full car on the way home, just need some on the way there now. On a separate note, my thumb is not doing so hot. Gave it a real solid whack with my very large new hammer today while framing some walls. Thing bleed a lot and its still unclear whether my nail will fall off. Ouch. Made a delicious steak with absolutely delicious sweet potato fries. Man, just covered them in a bunch of spices, hot sauce, and a light drizzle of olive oil. Baked for a bit... A healthy, yet incredibly delicious alternative to regular fries for sure. Almost the weekend again. Home tomorrow after class and a ride. Work Saturday and some kind of fun Sunday. Maybe a ski?
Ps - check out the Echelon Project Website for some more photos, a wicked video, and some results from the roller racing. Do it. I'm the dude in the pink cap and Cyclery long sleeve.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

doesn't the salt bitch your ride?

I rode 430km last week and the salt was infesting my ride on the last 2 days...

some great riding on the back country roads...

sandyf said...

not a ton of salt on the roads. plus, its just a cheep fixie. if it falls apart (ideally at the end of a ride/season) I'll just get some more cheepo parts for it. haha