Friday, January 18, 2008

From the trainer

My first post from the trainer. Basically, I'm riding right now. Bored, waiting for i tunes to re-install so I can listen to some tunes. Apparently when it said "update" it meant "delete certain files you need to run this thing". Nice surprise. I'm on for 3 hours, so don't really want to break out the movies yet. Plus, have some figuring to do. Planning out a sweet dinner to night for the folks and picking out a suitable wine to accompany this. Gotta make use of my schooling eh? Really wanted to spin outside again today... but am a little time constrained and the howling wind (aka wind chill) have brought me to the trainer. Only a few more weeks of this to go.... I'll keep this short, typing is mildly awkward from the trainer. The overall point here I was looking to express is simply, life is short - enjoy it. Had a really great conversation last night on the general nature of ourselves and what we do. Basically I figure not enough people take the time to stop and look around. Everyone is in some kind of a rush. Gotta finish school so I can get a job... So much of a rush that you miss the little things that are so wonderful. Some wonder how I live so stress free and happy sometimes. Its all about not sweating the details. Happiness can be as simple as slowing down enough to watch the sunrise with a warm cup of joe (my morning). What happened to spontaneity and dreams? I say take a minute, slow down and do something you enjoy, better yet - share it with someone. I for one am heading home to go slow down and cook a smokin meal with my mom. Enjoy your weekend, don't stress.
"My personal philosophy... clothing optional."
-Chazz Micheal Michealson (Blades of Steel)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"life is short - enjoy it. Had a really great conversation last night on the general nature of ourselves and what we do. Basically I figure not enough people take the time to stop and look around. Everyone is in some kind of a rush"

Agreed there...
main question I ask is - why...
people just hate it.
From those at work to contractors at work. To the girlfriend at home...

everyone is in such a god damn rush cause no one prioritizes things.
Its - "my hair is a mess, I gotta rush to get it done" for the love of biking - what the hell is hair for anyhow!
or - "I gotta rush home to make it before x tv show starts" do most people not know how to record crap?

I swear most people can barely tie their shoes.

LukeS said...

Sandy, was reading the blog and have this to say:
#1. Its Blades of Glory, not Blades of Steel, god. Blades of Steel was 1988 hockey game for the NES.
#2. Its Chazz Michael Michaels, Not Chazz Michael Michaelson. Just thought Id let ya know.

Happy riding :)