Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Sun rain wind, just missing snow from this day...

Quite the day today... Got up this morning to a wicked sunny day. Windy, even more than usual in Belgium, but hey... I can deal with the wind. Nice slow morning of breakfast and coffee, some conversations with the dwindling rider membership and the usual email and internet check. Set out on the ride about 11 with the intention of riding up to Maldegem to find the Belgian National tt championships to watch for a bit. Sunny and warm, what could be better? But man, that wind was strong today! Did my leg openers in preparation for tomorrow's race, and suddenly the weather began to change... Looked behind me and saw the sky darkening towards home. Never a good sign, and on one of only 2 days so far in Belgium I have not brought my rain cape with me. And of course I was already arriving in Maldegem, the furthest point from home on my ride. Decided to skip the tt, and work my way home. Not to interested in being caught out in the rain without a rain cape. Headwind home - no worries, at least my legs felt good today! Made it home, luckily for the Ipod and camera in my pockets, had a quick sandwich for lunch and then off for the nap. Definitely feeling pretty tired today... No sooner had I lay down when the skies opened up. Luckily, I had been home about 30 minutes... Sandy 1, weather 0. Knock on wood. Awesome fish and rice dinner with some fresh greens, and I feel ready to race again. Time to get off the front and get in a good race. I feel my legs are strong right now, and looking to hurt some Belgians. Plus gotta put in a good race to look good for the selections for the next UCI! Couple of sick guys around the house still too, so gotta be careful. From looking at the weather coming up here, it appears that summer is done in Belgium. Should be alright for me, as I definitely feel better in the somewhat cooler and less humid temperatures. But I would definitely be ok with some sun for the race tomorrow. Only a few days remaining in Euro mullet count 2007...

No comments: