Sunday, August 12, 2007

Race prep in the sun...

Wicked sweet day in Belgium here. Really wish I had a nice long ride scheduled. Unfortunately, the long day will come the day after with a Kermis. Rolled out after a relaxing and slow morning for a noon time ride. Hour and a half of random exploring with some sprints. Well, to be fair, there was a destination in mind. Just not a route. Managed to make my way via farm roads and bike paths into Tielt and from there road the streets until I found our bike shop, Vega Bike. I say our as they know us well and give us discounts. Kind of like a sponsor I guess, but really just super nice people. I have had my eye on a new saddle sitting there for some time, mine is quite worn right now and this one is impossible to find anywhere else, no idea how these folks even found it... a brand new Selle San Marco Regal in team edition white with the big letters on it.... Wicked. Not too bad of a price either, I will consider it my souvenir from Belgium. My only real splurge for this trip to date. Road home, made a nice lunch and sat in the sun to eat and enjoy a nice coffee. Watched part of the Tour of Germany ttt and then time for dinner. Made a huge batch of spaghetti sauce, full of veggies and ground beef.... Should last me for a few meals. Plus I should be "adopting" plenty more non-perishable items with a good portion of the team leaving in the next week. I do love free food, I know this may be surprising to some... Relaxing evening of enjoying Dogtown & Z Boys, a wicked movie if you haven't seen it. 3 o'clock race start tomorrow, which will be nice as we should get home by about 8. Internet says sunny and warm, outside currently says cool and cloudy... Here's to hoping for a nice day for 5 hours in the saddle...
ps-good job on the vote so far, so far the Euro mullet is winning out pretty significantly. But don't worry, you still have 5 days to get your vote in... Ciao

No comments: