Monday, August 13, 2007

Rest, recovery & bbq

Easy day today. Which is nice, cause my legs were dead this morning. Even slept in a bit until 8! Quick breakfast then off on the shop run. Kept well below budget (meat, fruit, & veggies) due to my currently overflowing supplies of staples... Wicked. I am actually quite impressed with how well I have been eating, and within a small budget. After getting back, quick fruit snack and then relaxation time. Watched the new Bourne Ultimatum movie (god I love the internet) and then headed down to the butcher to get some supplies for the evening with my remaining grocery budget. Little bit of a celebration here tonight, bbq time. With many guys leaving in the next days or week, its time for a bit of a communal dinner slash celebration. After spending so much time with a group of guys; eating, sleeping, racing, and generally living, you really start to get to know each other and get used to living together. Sad days when all are split up, feels a little odd for most as we have all begun to call this home. It will be weird to be waking up somewhere else again, and then I will have to move again in a few days for school. Going to be a lot of new adaptations coming my way. Back to the bbq subject, sorry, but bought myself some shrimp and chicken skewers for tonight. Make up a batch of beans and rice with some curry sauce and call it dinner. Otherwise a pretty simple day. Legs are kinda itching to ride right now, but at this point I know they need some down time after yesterday. Sometimes it really is harder to not ride... Lucky we have the internet here, other wise I might go slightly more crazy...
ps - good job on the poll so far, as of the moment I would say I'm getting a mullet... Really am actually surprised how many people are reading this and voting! I'll leave with a picture of my new saddle...
Wicked!

No comments: