Thursday, July 26, 2007

The coast

Nice ride to the coast today. Had a decent ride to do today still. Easy pace, 2-3 hours. So decided to finally make my way out to the Belgian coast on the North Sea. Rode out with Joe through Oostkamp, Brugges and then along the canals up to the coastal town of Knokke-Heist up in the North West corner of the country near Holland. Pretty cool coastal town, with apartments, hotels, and cool cafes lining the shore/beach. Grabbed a quick koffie (Belgian for regular coffee/espresso) before riding along the beach for a while and then heading back home. Legs are definitely a little tired from the past couple of days, but it was nice to get a nice easy 3 hours in and relax a bit. Sometimes you just need to take your mind off the training and enjoy something new, in this case the Belgian coast. One more hard day tomorrow before a short pre-race day then race day on Sunday again. Little too tired this afternoon to try my hand at the rijc tarts, perhaps save that for my pre-race day. Looking forward to them, but by the time I finish stretching, showering, eating, and some relaxing with my feet up it will quickly be dinner again. And then the house will get busy, with teams returning from both the stage race and a one day Belgian Top-Comp race. There will be some tired and hungry riders in the house tonight, all converging on the kitchens at roughly the same time. Perhaps I'll get my dinner going a little early tonight. I feel an early bed tonight coming, at very least relaxing with some Ali G show in bed after dinner. I look forward already to a day off the bike on Monday.

No comments: