Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Rain, cold, lame

So its pouring rain here today. Like really pouring, plus it feels like its 5 degrees out. My hands where frozen just riding home from work. What the hell's with the weather this year?? Needless to say, I have decided to take full advantage of this rain and take a second day off. Recovery is paramount after all. I will be out anyways for my intervals tomorrow morning/my lung test thing. With my legs and body still somewhat tired, this is probably a good opportunity to take care of the many last minute things to get ready for my departure next week. Kinda scary, talked to Belgium today and confirmed that they know when I arrive so will be able to pick me up from Tielt after my train ride from the airport. Looking out my window, I find myself truly glad to have not gone to the loop race, or even done my own ride. The wind is howling and the rain is coming down. The last thing I need right now is to get sick, and I know my body is tired. I am living life right now ding every old Euro trick in the book to get my body running 100% and recovering. I am wearing pants when the temp is below 15-20 degrees, I wear my toque around, I drink tons of tea, and generally ride in leg warmers/arm warmers. Plus of course with the lack of riding, I spend some more time enjoying some beers (the last couple of days while gluing up my fresh new Continental Comp 22 tubulars!). I am even planing on reviving my social life somewhat by seeing some non cycling friends over then next couple of days before I leave. And of course, heading up to Pook's cottage for the weekend for a tube-off and drink-off. Hopefully this weather improves, and my legs continue to as well. Ciao

No comments: