Saturday, January 24, 2009

A kick off to racing

Many things going on lately. School is busy, training is getting into a nice groove, and life in general is busy. Trying to source out a local for some southern training in mid-February, but things are not looking so good. I have no money. Life in Europe isn't cheep, so I may have to simply create my own mini training camp here. On the other hand I've been getting some pretty solid skiing in this week. I have now fully explored all trails at Murphy's Point Provincial park (not bad, but not long enough for a solid day haha) and even done a sweet ski along the Rideau "trail" directly from my door. One of the benefits to living in the boonies. Walked into my front yard, strapped the skis on and skied on snowmobile tracks (through front yards) down to the river then onto the "trail". By trail I am refering to following a few deer tracks that happened to follow little trail markers in the trees. Wicked. Tonight represents a theoretical start to racing with the first West of Quebec Roller race of the year. SAW gallery in the market, doors open at 7 if anyone is interested. Should be a blast. I'm also booked for some testing on Monday so that should be a painful experience. Nothing like having your finger pricked while cross-eyed to tell you you're not fit enough yet. Enjoy your weekends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

why you no bike outside anymore...
use to love the read...

challenge it is...
deadly at times...
just pure riding...

riding inside is like a hamster chasing after its tail.